Title : “Day One” (the beginning)
Year : 2005
Medium : Oil on canvas / framed
Dimensions : 40 x 84 in (101.6 x 213.36 cm)
Availability: inquire about pricing
(limited edition reproductions available)
3. Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”
2. The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”
4. “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman.
5. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6. When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
7. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
8. Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
9. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
10. He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
11. And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”
12. The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13. Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
- Their eyes were open .
- Fig leaf covering.
- Thorns wrap around Adam’s arm.
- All of the animals from a specific continent.
- The face of God represented in the tree.
Available as a 21 x 43 in limited edition remarque on canvas Retail: $550.00